Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Can't find picture file..line 1 in the Master.gdl.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody,

I am in need of an urgent solution to this problem! I am kindly asking you for some help!

I've been working on this file for 2 months and created some customized objects and also imported other object form an older file (worked with A17). I started receiving this report only for about 3 weeks. I didn't bother me but now the program is working very slow and it keeps crashing when I want to export to BIMx.
Thanks!

"C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ArchiCAD 18\ArchiCAD.exe
Unused in temporary folder : 39332.7 MB
Can't find picture file: Beech_ natural_FF, called
at line 1 in the Master script of file Master.gdl.
Can't find picture file: Birch_natural_FF, called
Can't find picture file: Black_f_c_stain_FF, called
Can't find picture file: Cherry_FF, called
Can't find picture file: Honduras_stain_FF, called
Can't find picture file: Mocca_beech_FF, called
Can't find picture file: Oak_Natural_FF, called
Can't find picture file: Walnut_FF, called
Can't find picture file: ff_web_black, called
Can't find picture file: ff_web_white, called
Can't find picture file: 304_Brown, called
Can't find picture file: 124_LightGrey, called
Can't find picture file: 156_Antracit, called
Can't find picture file: 194_Black, called
Can't find picture file: 236_LightBrown, called
Can't find picture file: 464_DarkBrown, called
Can't find picture file: 524_DarkRed, called
Can't find picture file: FF_L_Sand, called
Can't find picture file: FF_L_DarkSand, called
Can't find picture file: FF_L_White, called
There are several problems with this file. You can cancel the operation with Ctrl/Command - period.
OpenGL
NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GT 550M/PCIe/SSE2
Your OpenGL driver supports all necessary extensions.
Vertical Sync: OFF
Z buffer: 24 bits
Per Pixel Lighting: ON, 4.40 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
Stencil buffer: 8 bits
"
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Costin,

Please don't make duplicate posts. I've deleted your duplicate, and moved this to the Library/GDL forum where it belongs - as the error message is related to your library objects.

The error messages are pretty self-explanatory: you have a lot of picture (texture image) files that are missing. The Master.gdl file (one of them - there can be several - and since each error refers to line 1, I think part of the slowness issue is too many master.gdl files) - is looking for the texture file - no doubt to define a material.

Can you show a screenshot of your library loading report, showing all loaded libraries? The problem is likely in how you defined your custom objects... and resolving one of them will show you how to resolve all of them...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Karl,
Thanks for responding!
I managed to solve that. There were some missing attributes of some objects that I copied from an older file that was worked by someone else.

From my library loading report I saw what attributes were missing and I went to Options>Element Attributes>Attribute Manager and removed the missing attribute from the list so that archciad no longer looked for them.

But moving very slow and my Archicad crashing when i export to BIMx are still very big problems..
I tried turning off half of my layers and succeded (the BIMx file is 176.316 KB) and then I turned off only some layers and suceded (the BIMx file is now 667.364KB), but when I open all the layers that I need it crashes.

a) Is there a way of making my Archicad file "lighter"?
b) Is there a problem with too many customized objects (complicated or not)?

This is my library loading report now. I have many duplicated objects.

c) Is there a way of deleting these not "manually", one by one?
d) Is it possible the crashing could happen because I am running out of disk space? (I am now at 10GB free of 100GB on "C" but sometimes when I export it says only 2.9 gb free or less).

Thank you very much again!
Library loading report.JPG
Karl Ottenstein
For the BIMx part of things, be sure to read the BIMx User Guide - particularly the chapter ""Notes on Model Size, Textures and Shadows":

http://download.graphisoft.com/ftp/techsupport/downloads/BIMx/BIMx%20User%20Guide.pdf

and review this workflow page:
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/bimx/workflow/

particularly, since you seem to have a lot of textures for your custom objects - make sure that those texture/image files are relatively small.

For your library report... it is unwise to work a lot when you have duplicate/missing objects. Best practice is to resolve all library errors before working on a file to avoid unhappy surprises later. Many of your duplicates are likely not serious ones - but may be a result of loading a PLA as well as the 18 library. You should generally do one or the other. The PLA should be complete. If not, and you must load other libraries, then unpack the PLA into a file structure (rather than loading the PLA as a library) - and then 'prune' that file structure - deleting folders until only the bits that are not present in any other library remain.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB