BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Can't make the contour lines in a terrain with the mesh tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I'm working in modeling a site which is a steep terrain and irregular shape, and used the surveyor's dwg plan, I made an independent worksheet, I exploded it and ungroup it and set it as a trace reference, which I'm using it as a trace.
The problem is that after setting up the mesh and create it, i selected the mesh to start working with the contour lines but when I start doing this with the magic wand, it doesn't do anything, it doesn't create each of the contour lines, so I'm stuck with out been able to make my terrain.
Does anybody knows what might I have done wrong?
Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Chris Grantham
Advocate
I am pretty sure the magic wand will not work for this type of application if what you are trying to use it one is a trace reference. Try putting your surveyors plan on top of the mesh and not in a work sheet.
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
rucailo wrote:
The problem is that after setting up the mesh and create it, i selected the mesh to start working with the contour lines but when I start doing this with the magic wand, it doesn't do anything, it doesn't create each of the contour lines, so I'm stuck with out been able to make my terrain.
Does anybody knows what might I have done wrong?
This should work - I've done it many times. Are you doing the following:
  • 1. Select the mesh
    2. Click on the mesh tool
    3. Space-click on a contour
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
iv found it to work best if i stick a copy of the surveyors plan on my site plan/story.. creat the mesh then delete the survyors stuff
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, I just did that and it worked, thanks again
Learn and get certified!