Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Can't see palettes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sometimes I have to view a file on my laptop at home which is a Macbook Pro 15". I'm trying to set up my palette scheme for the laptop but when I open a file, some of my palettes are somewhere else that I see. I turn it on and off and nothing pops up.

Could it be that when I do multiple screens with a larger 27" that it sits in that larger virtual space that I can't access now with the laptop ? How do I get it back to set up a work environment for the laptop ?
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
tan wrote:
Could it be that when I do multiple screens with a larger 27" that it sits in that larger virtual space that I can't access now with the laptop ? How do I get it back to set up a work environment for the laptop ?
Exactly.
Try applying the 'Standard' Work environment - or at least the 'Palettes' part of it to reset them to their default locations.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks ! that worked.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry,

I noticed that you are using a Dell. I'm all Mac but wonder about getting a PC just for drafting. Does one file be opened back and forth between PC and Mac ?
Barry Kelly
Yes files and library objects are all compatible between both Mac and PC.
You may just need to re-load the library/ies because the folder paths are different.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11