Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Can't see walls in roof plan

cadsph
Enthusiast

This (I'm guessing) is common problem. 

But I can't see wall outline on roof level,

I've changed wall settings (floor plan view) to Show in all Relevant levels, I've checked layers are turned on.  & reno statues to existing,

Can't see them?

(Note: walls on ground level up to roof level)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Djordje
Ace

if the top of the wall is below the cutplane of the roof plan, it will not show... as on any other storey...
the question is, why would you want to show the walls that end below the level that you are representing?
if you need to show them, just set the distance to show one storey below in the view setting. if they actually exist on this level, extend the walls to where they should be on the roof level, and then they will show.
if you just need it for reference, use Trace and Reference...

Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Djordje
Ace

if the top of the wall is below the cutplane of the roof plan, it will not show... as on any other storey...
the question is, why would you want to show the walls that end below the level that you are representing?
if you need to show them, just set the distance to show one storey below in the view setting. if they actually exist on this level, extend the walls to where they should be on the roof level, and then they will show.
if you just need it for reference, use Trace and Reference...

Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen

Yeah your right I can go to the ground floor and trace the wall outline to create a roof and set the roof to roof level. I just thought there could be another way.