BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Can't substract the curtain wall from the mesh surface

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have created a mesh roof in Rhinoceros 4.0. Then exported it as .3ds file. Run the Archicad 12, and by using the .3ds to GDL object convertor, created a .gsm file out of my .3ds one.

Then I have inserted this .gsm file into the Archicad floor plan.

The problem is that I can not substract the Curtain wall from the roof (this newly created .gsm file) using SEO. Why I can't do that - substracting with upper extrusion the Curtain wall from the roof? When I try doing it, nothing happens. The curtain wall stays as is was.

You can see a preview of the problem here:

http://img529.imageshack.us/i/autobuskastanicaroof.png/

And here is the .pla Archicad 12 file:

http://www.filefront.com/17214280/autobuska_stanica.pla/

Thank you for the help.
11 REPLIES 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
nedostizni wrote:
Can you explain it to me a bit closer about how to create a mesh with similar shape like surface? I now how to use a mesh tool, and the whole process would probably be to elevate the mesh points in z direction, but still the shape of the surface is complex. Is there a way to create the mesh below the surface and then elevate the mesh points by clicking on the surface?
You could start by drawing a rectangular Mesh using the rightmost Geometry Method (the gridded rectangle icon), this allows you to input the number of rows and columns on the grid that will have an elevation point at each intersection, so this will define the fineness of the grid and subsequent 3D form. You will need to elevate each point either graphically in the 3D Window (where you could use your 3ds object as a visual reference), or in the 2D Window using numeric input. You can also alter the perimeter to match your 3ds form. The finer the grid, the closer you will be able to approximate your form, but the more time it will take to complete.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you for the asnwer David.
Learn and get certified!