Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Can the Layer Palette show the selected "thing"'s layer?

aryastark
Enthusiast
Valar Morghulis.

Question is in the title.
(I mean within hundreds of layer, choosen element from (plan, 3d, section) should show when i press"ctrl+L" (layer palette) in the palette automatically, just like in the "building materials" palette.
Building material pallet shows inside(makes highlited) when i choose something before opening the palette. )

If yes, how?
If and only if no, we should add this idea to "https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewforum.php?f=24"
Ver: AC23
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
Chip type: GeForce GTX 960M
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
Wondering why you want to see this in the Layer Palette?

The layer of any selected item is immediately visible at all times in the Info Box. If you Info Box is horizontal, as it is for some strange reason in the Graphisoft out-of-the-box work environment, drag it to be vertical and always on screen so that you can see (and immediately modify) the layer and so much more about any element. The content, and order of content, in the Info Box is customizable to your needs in the Work Environment.

Karl

PS ... ah... from your example, I'm guessing that you want to change the visibility of the given layer in various layer combinations, hence having it pre-selected would save searching for it...?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
aryastark
Enthusiast
PS ... ah... from your example, I'm guessing that you want to change the visibility of the given layer in various layer combinations, hence having it pre-selected would save searching for it...?
Exactly, not merely changing visibility; it is also simple by quick layers pallet.
In addition to, changing layer name; changing it's priority level; duplicate it as a sequel to a close name for a reason; delete it etc.
Ver: AC23
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
Chip type: GeForce GTX 960M
Karl Ottenstein
aryastark wrote:
Exactly, not merely changing visibility; it is also simple by quick layers pallet.
In addition to, changing layer name; changing it's priority level; duplicate it as a sequel to a close name for a reason; delete it etc.
Makes sense. In particular, ARCHICAD should be consistent, as you suggested earlier, and if an element is selected, any attribute dialog should open with the corresponding attribute(s) of the element selected. Make a wish with a poll in the User Interface Wishes forum 🙂
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
mikas
Expert
If you use the dropper/pipette tool (alt/option-click) with an element and open the layers dialog, it will have the layer in question highlighted/selected for you.

This can be handy too, if you happen to have a lot of elements selected already, and suddenly need to assign a new layer to them, based on a not selected element.
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS