Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Cannot Change Door Size in a file migrated to AC24

dhnguyen
Contributor
I am not able to change a door size in a plan that I brought from archiCAD 18 to ArchiCAD 24.... Not sure what's the problem.
Does this have anything to do with keeping the file in "legacy format" when I moved the file over?
(If I open a new instance of ArchiCAD 24, create a door and change the door size, I dont have any problem with it.)
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)
12 REPLIES 12
Lingwisyer
Guru
Just to clarify, you open a AC18 file in AC24, place a new door, and are unable to change it's size?

Door 24 in version 24 in an 18 file.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Barry Kelly
dhnguyen wrote:
Does this have anything to do with keeping the file in "legacy format" when I moved the file over?

I shouldn't think so, but the only way to know for sure is to turn the legacy mode off.
You can always turn it back on again.

Is the wall layer locked by any chance?
Is the OK button in the door settings greyed out or will it just not accept a new size?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
dhnguyen
Contributor
Yes, exactly. I opened the AC file in AC24, placed a new wall with a new door (version 24)- I can't change the door size. I also can't change the old door )version 18) sizes.

Lingwisyer wrote:
Just to clarify, you open a AC18 file in AC24, place a new door, and are unable to change it's size?

Door 24 in version 24 in an 18 file.

Ling.
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

dhnguyen
Contributor
The wall layer is not locked. The door setting is not greyed out either. Keyboard works fine... It just defaults to 3' x 8' when I enter a different size.

Barry wrote:
dhnguyen wrote:

I shouldn't think so, but the only way to know for sure is to turn the legacy mode off.
You can always turn it back on again.

Is the wall layer locked by any chance?
Is the OK button in the door settings greyed out or will it just not accept a new size?

Barry.
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

dhnguyen
Contributor
It works if I go into the door setting and change it there instead of simply changing it by clicking on the door size. I wish I can change it without going into the door setting.
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

Lingwisyer
Guru
What does the arrow to the right of of the 3x8 say? Is the object locked to standard sizes?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
DNguyen:

Lingwisyer is right: click the arrow next to Leaf Size and change the option to "Custom Size".

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
dhnguyen
Contributor
Ling - see attached for the image. The arrow takes me to pre-set door sizes.

David - thanks, that works. So weird that I have to manually do it this way instead of having the ability to change it without going into the door settings.
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

David Maudlin
Virtuoso
dhnguyen wrote:
So weird that I have to manually do it this way instead of having the ability to change it without going into the door settings.
The author of the library part should have locked the A and B values when the door is set to a standard size (anything but Custom Size) to help avoid confusion.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14