Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Cannot Change Door Size in a file migrated to AC24

dhnguyen
Contributor
I am not able to change a door size in a plan that I brought from archiCAD 18 to ArchiCAD 24.... Not sure what's the problem.
Does this have anything to do with keeping the file in "legacy format" when I moved the file over?
(If I open a new instance of ArchiCAD 24, create a door and change the door size, I dont have any problem with it.)
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)
12 REPLIES 12
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
DNguyen,

Just a question: are you sure it is a good idea to use Libraries from Archicad 10 and Archicad 6.5 in an Archicad 24 project?
A lot of things could be broken in those very old libraries when you try to use them in AC24.

For example, I distinctly remember my Zone Stamps got broken when we upgraded our projects from AC6.5 to AC9 around 2005 or 2006.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
dhnguyen
Contributor
Thank you for noticing. I inherited these files. I have so many library objects and half of the time I dont know what they are. I have a whole stack of library objects starting from Object 65 to 10 thru 18.

Is there a way to replace the old library objects with something newer so I can get rid of older library objects? If so, pls send a link with instructions.
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Unfortunately, at the time of AC 6.5 there were no migration libraries. And as far as I can see, Archicad 24 includes migration libraries for AC13 and later.

So, if I had this situation, I would probably go through those AC6.5 and AC10 libraries, and see which library parts have use for me. Which are the ones that do not have any equivalent in AC24. Then I would take those library parts (and their macros), open them one by one, save them in AC24 format, check whether they work correctly, and if they do, use them.
Otherwise, I would get rid of them and any macros/images they use.
Point is, you should keep your libraries very clean and organized. It can be some work now, but it will pay dividends later in increased productivity.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27