BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Cannot delete a library part placed in plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have some cabinets placed on a story and they are greyed out so I cannot edit or delete if need be...? What setting do I need to change or where do I look to locate them so they are editable?

Using ArchiCAD v.12
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's likely that either the layer the object is on is locked or just the object itself.

If the former, you can go to layer dialog box and unlock specific layer (or right-click on object and select 'layer' and then 'unlock'.

If the object's layer is already unlocked, you could try selecting the object and then Edit>Locking>Unlock to unlock just the specific object.

There may be other options, i.e. if the object is part of a hot-link module, but i would try these first.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Neither of these suggestions allowed the object to become editable or deletable?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Isolate the layer and leave only the object you need to delete in that layer,
delete the layer and then create a new one.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The object when selected is not on a layer and does show any tool associated to, so...
Barry Kelly
Are you looking at a trace reference by any chance?
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
What is a trace reference?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Strange, if you delete the layer, the object will be deleted too.
Anonymous
Not applicable
SADSNa wrote:
What is a trace reference?
The Trace Reference is a "ghost" image of another part of your project (it can be a view, worksheet, layout, another storey...) for reference / alignment purposes. The toolbar button looks like my image below. Items on Trace Reference cannot be selected, and do not print.

Check it out in Archicad Help. Very handy.

In your case can you actually select these items? If yes, what sort of handles do they have (square, round, grouped?) Can you show us a screenshot?
Trace.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh yes I do know the trace reference very well.
The handles are round and dark green and when selected in the elevation view the object is grey and still exists, even if I delete in plan or vice versa, so....
Learn and get certified!