Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Cannot see walls on Ground Floor

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys

I am creating a building on ArchiCAD 17, on my Mac OS X 10.9.1

I am getting a problem where I can see the roof on ground floor, and I cannot see my walls, unless I select my walls. Please see screenshots below!

1st Picture
As you can see on the right, I am in the ground floor, but I can only see the roof, no walls.

2nd Picture
As you can see, you can still see the roof, but I have selected my walls.

[/img]

Does anyone know a solution for this?

Thanks in advance!

Joe
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Joe,
turn of cover fill to the roof and you should be able to see the walls, I usually have a new storey for the roof and have it display dashed the storey below.

Regards,
Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable
sboydturner wrote:
Joe,
turn of cover fill to the roof and you should be able to see the walls, I usually have a new storey for the roof and have it display dashed the storey below.

Regards,
Scott
Thanks for your reply!

I am new to ArchiCAD, how do I turn off the cover fill to the roof?

Thanks
Joe
schagemann
Enthusiast
Select the roof, open the Roof Selection Settings (CMD + S) then under the 'Floor Plan and Section' section choose to disable cover fills.

Arguably, however you should have your roof on a separate Story - you might find the following tutorials useful… http://goo.gl/58ngz5
macinteract
Design Technology Managers.
All  on macOS | since AC 6

Archicad Framework > Smart Template 27
Smart Tree, Transmittal and Universal Label and other smart GDL Objects
By Architects for Architects.
Anonymous
Not applicable
schagemann wrote:
Select the roof, open the Roof Selection Settings (CMD + S) then under the 'Floor Plan and Section' section choose to disable cover fills.

Arguably, however you should have your roof on a separate Story - you might find the following tutorials useful… http://goo.gl/58ngz5
Thanks! That worked!

Also, my roof is on a separate Story. It is on roof, not ground floor.

Thanks Again