Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Cannot turn any object/line/wall outline into a dashed outli

ngoldie
Participant
I'm new to archicad and have been used Archicad 20. I have tried with a lot of different types of objects and even simple straight lines to have them as a dashed line but it always turns out solid. Is there a global parameter somewhere that I'm missing?

Thanks
Ngoldie
Archicad 20
MacBook Pro - laptop
6 REPLIES 6
Eduardo Rolon
In Project Preferences look under Legacy.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Ngoldie:

This could be controlled by the Renovation Filter Options > Graphic Override Rules (now part of Graphic Overrides). In the Help files see: Views of the Virtual Building > Renovation > Renovation Filters. It could also be part of an applied Graphic Override Combination (Views of the Virtual Building > Graphic Overrides > Graphic Override Combinations).

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
ngoldie
Participant
Thanks for the replies, there were a lot of Graphic Override combinations, I've also added a signature to my profile. I hope the signature is along the lines of what I should have added.

Thanks!
Archicad 20
MacBook Pro - laptop
ngoldie
Participant
And a lot of renovation filters
Archicad 20
MacBook Pro - laptop
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
ngoldie wrote:
I hope the signature is along the lines of what I should have added.
You should add your ArchiCAD version and operating system to your Signature.

There should be an option for No Overrides to turn off all the Graphic Overrides.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
ngoldie
Participant
Thanks, just updated my signature to incl my operating system and what version I'm running.
Archicad 20
MacBook Pro - laptop