Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Casing overlap dimension

mija
Enthusiast

Hi,

sorry if the tittle is confusing.

Is there any way to put custom distance from door casing to wall? 

In this case core is one wall and finish is other composite wall,  and since door is connected to core wall casing overlaps on core. Can I somehow make it overlap but with custom distance from wall?

mija_0-1678802639310.png

Archicad 25, build 4013
Montenegro
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly

I am not really familiar with the default Graphisoft doors, but I don't think you can specify the casing offset (I might be wrong about that).

The door object automatically reads the thickness of the wall it is placed in - hence it is ignoring your addition finish wall.

You will have to create a new composite that combines the walls as one to do it automatically.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru

Would be a simple wish.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

Yes, it does read wall thickness.

I was hoping I can change it in macros or something but I am not sure where to look...

Archicad 25, build 4013
Montenegro

@mija wrote:

I was hoping I can change it in macros or something but I am not sure where to look...

You really don't want to go messing with Graphisoft doors and windows.

Any time the library is updated or a new version comes out, you will lose all of the changes you have made.

Which means you have to 'Save As' with a different name to create new objects and macros, But then these will never be updated with new features if Graphisoft ever make any changes.

Plus the doors and windows are a maze of macro calls, so you really need to know what you are doing.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11