Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Central Innovation Ltd acquires Cadimage Group Limited

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Read the announcement here:

http://graphisoft.com.au/central-innovation-ltd-acquires-cadimage-group-limited/

Would be great to hear from someone in the know about what this could mean for ARCHICAD in Australia and New Zealand in the future in terms of new developments.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope this means LESS monthly expense.
I'd love to know the percentage of users that subscribe to cadimage.
Anonymous
Not applicable
In New Zealand from what I understand ArchiCAD users have had access to the tools via their subscription - unlike everywhere else globally where they are an (expensive) but necessary add-on.

I suspect that they will not now give these for free to Australian users, given a revenue stream already exists...but happy to be pleasantly surprised, after all there was a time when GS Australia gave users access to cadimage tools (then sold under a different name - Theometric!).

Actually I have advocated in the past, and will continue to do so - the news that they had been purchased by Graphisoft themselves would be preferable! Some of their tools are almost essential IMHO - such as door and window builder. This setup would be ideal as the tools would be bundled into archicad, and the developers would then have under the hood access to base code - allowing even better tools...
ah well...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Its true we do get the seven core tools as part of our subscription, but I would bet we pay more to start with.
But as these tools are developed around our building industry standard they are invaluable, so I really do hope the arrangement continues.
I would not want to try & manage without them!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rogerdodge wrote:
Its true we do get the seven core tools as part of our subscription, but I would bet we pay more to start with.
But as these tools are developed around our building industry standard they are invaluable, so I really do hope the arrangement continues.
I would not want to try & manage without them!
+1, probably more of a compulsory upgrade rather than a free giveaway, but windows and wall / roof coverings in particular are indispensable, with the other tools not far behind.

I have always had good support from Cadimage whenever anything has gone wrong too, with quick help and fixes. I hope this continues.

It always felt good having tools that you knew were made primarily for the NZ market - made you feel a bit special
KeesW
Advocate
Maybe the new CadImage will also customise for AUS, making us feel special too!
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Stress Co_
Advisor
I hope they don't forget the U.S. market.

Still dreaming for an option to list doors by
their panel size (instead of the rough opening).
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Daniel Ward
Booster
The most significant CADImage tool is Keynotes, simply can't believe GS haven't acquired it and integrated it into the core of ArchiCAD. The earlier versions of it were a little bit temperamental, but for the last couple of years it's been really stable and is the biggest productivity enhancement GS could make to ArchiCAD.

Cheers, Dan.
+MAP Architects, Christchurch - New Zealand
ArchiCAD 4.12 - ArchiCAD 27 || Octane for ArchiCAD
i9-12900KF - 64Gb RAM - Gigabyte RTX 3080 12Gb - Window 11
Wokka
Contributor
Don't know how this will effect Australia subscription holders, as Graphisoft Australia have recently been incorporating their own new door and window tool (completely different to the Cadimage tool), with the promise of new cabinet objects as well...
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
Anonymous
Not applicable
Campbell and the team at Cadimage did a fantastic job on all fronts, I think it's a testament to them that New Zealand is one of the few countries on Earth where there are more ArchiCAD users than Revit users (That may be changing...).

Graphisoft should have bought them years ago.