Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Change Style Name

JKL
Contributor
Is there a way to change the style name of a door, in particular the garage doors?

That way my schedule doesn't say "style 9" under type. OR a way to change the type in the schedule? (it only gives me the option of a list of style names....round and round.... https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/posting.php?f=6&mode=post&sid=b4b5f4221ea76f9e8b4cff8fe01505ee# )

Thanks!

Archicad 24
Mac
Designer
Designer

Mac

Archicad 26
4 REPLIES 4
Podolsky
Ace
One of the hack for similar problems, when it's necessary to change parameters from GDL object, that used for scheduling - is to re-save original element from standard library with different name and try to make some modifications to it.
Most of library parts have request to macros, so actual file you are working with is almost empty from scripts.

Then you can create another variable and add simple script (in master). In your case:

DoorStyle='' !this is your new variable
IF gs_shutPanel_type="style 1" THEN DoorStyle="your name 1"
IF gs_shutPanel_type="style 2" THEN DoorStyle="your name 2"
PARAMETERS DoorStyle=DoorStyle

That can solve your problem
Anonymous
Not applicable
Or you could create a new property called "Door Style" and add it to your door with Classifications. Then you just put the correct name. Finally, add it to your schedule.
If you are comfortable with Expression-Based Properties, you could refine the property, by reading the ObjectDoorStyle and converting the property value to your won specific name. i.e.: If ObjectDoorStyle = "Style01" then "My Style Name01". If ObjectDoorStyle = "Style02" then "My Style Name02". And so on.
Hope this helps.
Barry Kelly
Braza wrote:
If you are comfortable with Expression-Based Properties, you could refine the property, by reading the ObjectDoorStyle and converting the property value to your won specific name. i.e.: If ObjectDoorStyle = "Style01" then "My Style Name01". If ObjectDoorStyle = "Style02" then "My Style Name02". And so on.
Hope this helps.

The problem with this is that expressions in properties can not access object parameters.
I am sure there has been many wishes for this.
Here is one that I found - please vote.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=66651

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ooops! Thanks Barry for the headsup. Another one for the Wishlist.
So, back to square one JKL... You can stick with the "Dumb" property and manual select and edit all doors at once.