Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Change Thickness of Cased Opening

JKL
Contributor

How can I update the thickness of my cased openings (door with empty leaf)? It is set and greyed out where I can't change it-despite the style type. I need it to display properly as the wall thickness on the schedule.

Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2022-11-22 at 10.21.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-22 at 10.23.11 AM.png

Designer

Mac

Archicad 26
3 REPLIES 3
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi,

Did you mean width? Only that is greyed out. This door has Uniform Frame Widths, you change the one in the lower-left corner all others change too.

The thickness has to be edited manually to match the wall thickness.

PeterBaksa_0-1669895816235.png

Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest

I need to be able to have the schedule update to show the same thickness of the wall. I cannot override the text in the THK column, so it has to be changed in the settings. The regular doors I can change to show the correct size, but the option is greyed out (because there isn't a panel as its empty) so it is auto defaulting in the THK column. Is there a way to change the default to the correct size that the case will actually be (ie wall thickness)?

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 8.25.07 AM.png

Designer

Mac

Archicad 26
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

"Panel thickness" is the library parameter for the sunshade panel. You need to select "gs_leaf_thk" for leaf thickness or "gs_frame_thk" for frame thickness.

Scheduling just shows the GDL parameters, they might or might not make sense based on other parameters.

You can edit values in the schedule if they are not disabled by the library part and similar items are not merged.

As a workaround you can add a property whether the door has an empty leaf, create a property expression that evaluates to wall thickness for empty leaf or leaf thickness otherwise, and display that property in the schedule.

Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest