BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Change in level in structural slabs and raised floor areas

Sculptdesign
Booster
I work mainly in interior refurbishment and it is not uncommon to work with buildings which have changes in slab level or recessed/raised areas in the structural slab.

As part of interior fit outs there is also the possibility that I would want to introduce raised floor levels - for instance a few steps up to a platform seating area in a restaurant.

My question is how do I achieve this in ArchiCAD? I see tutorials on how to create holes but not recesses or raised sections. Currently I am layering smaller slabs on top of one another to achieve the correct levels.

A more complicated situation that I currently have is that there is a step in the structural slab which has a curved edge, where I want to show a straight edged raised floor over it, and it will not align with the existing slab below. Can I make the new raised floor slab fill the void underneath so in section it is shown correctly?

Thanks for the help.
Ash.
ArchiCAD 26 Solo - Mac
1 REPLY 1
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Sculptdesign wrote:
My question is how do I achieve this in ArchiCAD? I see tutorials on how to create holes but not recesses or raised sections.
SEO (Solid Element Operations) can be used to create recesses, look for it in the Help files. Another option is to use a Mesh rather than a Slab (for existing conditions), you can add points and lower/raise them as needed.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!