BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Changing Title of Picture in AC18

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok, working here on a streetscape to demonstrate front elevations from 12' to 35' height. Tried to change a photo title from 252 Third to 252 Third (Existing) and then copy the photo and change it's title from 252 Third to 252 Third (Proposed)...nothing happens.

Have been retitling pictures since AC6, now 18 seems to have another way to do something that I have been doing successfully for 15 years. Was this a change we needed. Have spent an hour so far trying to impliment the title I want....WHAT IS WRONG?
4 REPLIES 4
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Archimamamia,

Are you trying to change the Figure Name of a Figure? Or the Drawing Name of a Drawing?

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
NCornia wrote:
Archimamamia,

Are you trying to change the Figure Name of a Figure? Or the Drawing Name of a Drawing?

Best regards,
It is a photograph, well, a series of photographs...all the houses along one side of the street. I have placed them side by side and all that shows are the addresses (simple title) w/o a scale.

The pictures I wanted to rename are the main house of my project, wanted to name them 252 Third (Existing) and 252 Third (Proposed). AC18 will not change the name in the info box for either.

I don't know if it is a picture or a drawing...I copied street scapes in google, saved them in Preview; took them into Photoshop to crop and name, laid them out in the first/second floor of ArchiCAD, used organizer to move them from 1st, 2nd floor in AC18 to the view; then took this picture/preview/drawing and placed on a blank layout, resized, reworked, added text; but back on the floior plan where all the originals live, this particular picture (and most of the pictures) will not allow a change of title...

I mean, this is a simple thing, I have changed names on the fly for years....but this is my first project in 18 and it sucks...it is slowing me down and I just want to go back to 16.
Barry Kelly
So you are placing the photos as a 'Drawing' on a layout page?

If so just change the 'Drawing Name' from 'By Source view' to 'Custom'.

If this is not it can you show a screen shot of what you are trying to change?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
Or you should be able to add a custom name to the drawing title if that is what you are trying to do.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!