Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Changing display order in View, corresponding Drawing not updating automatically

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure if it's a bug or not:

I bring things forward / backward (i.e. change the display order of various objects) in my View, so a change definitely has been made in my View. The corresponding drawing in the Layout does not update automatically (even though it's set to update automatically). If I manually update it it then updates with the changes in the display order of the affected objects.

I would have thought updating automatically should have done that?
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
It is definitely working for me in plan an elevation with fills over elements.

Does the drawing on the layout show the "updating" message when you go to it?

Maybe it depends on what you are trying to change the display order of and whether it is a plan or elevation or some other view.
Can you show an image of what you are doing?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
In my instance it was a section view.

Attached image. I was bringing walls over a fill in View and the drawing was not updating automatically

The object circled is a wall cut in section. The ground plane is a fill.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried to recreate in a brand new file and it seems to be working fine, so maybe something funny is going on with this specific project file
Barry Kelly
Interesting.
If I send the fill forwards / backwards then the layout updates automatically.
But if I send the wall forwards / backwards the layout does not update unless I do it manually (the same for other 3D elements).
But if I move a 3D element it updates automatically just fine.

Maybe it is because 3D elements are not expected to need display order because most of them will trim each other automatically based on building material strengths.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad you were able to recreate the issue! Yes it was a wall I adjusting the display order.