BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Changing object display per MVO?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been trying to figure out how to change how an object is shown in the Reflected Ceiling Plan. I do a lot of projects where the lighting needs to align with millwork or tables, and I build standard millwork in GDL. I would like the millwork to show as a dashed outline in the Reflected Ceiling Plan.
Is there a way to add an "If... GoSub" routine to the 2d script, so that when the MVO is RCP, the 2D view will change?
I've been trying to figure it out from the GDL reference guide, but I can't determine where it addresses it...
1 REPLY 1
Joachim Suehlo
Advisor
The reflected ceiling option was added to the MVOs before intodution of the LIBRARYGLOBAL command.
I think the old syntax should work still. I used it in tis way:
x=REQUEST ("floor_plan_option", "", storyViewpointType)
IF storyViewpointType THEN 
ENDIF
0 stays for floor plan, 1 statys for reflected celing plan.

The new LIBRARYGLOBAL syntax is the following (you find it in the macro GetPlanViewGlobals:
!----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
!2D options MVO
!----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

reqILSymbol = gs_symbtype_2D_m
if reqILSymbol = PLANSYMB_BY_MVO then
	reqILSymbolTemp = 0
	success = LIBRARYGLOBAL ("LibraryGlobals13", "iLSymbol", reqILSymbolTemp)
	if success > 0 then
		reqILSymbol = reqILSymbolTemp
	else
		reqILSymbol = PLANSYMB_RCP
	endif
endif
end reqILSymbol

PLANSYMB_REALISTIC = 1
PLANSYMB_ELECTRIC = 2
PLANSYMB_RCP = 3
PLANSYMB_BY_MVO = 4
After this you can make a Case distinction: IF reqILSymbol = 1 THEN ...

Aand you need the parameter "gs_symbtype_2D_m" as INT-type and a VALUES{2} in Parameter-Script.
Joachim Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 13.5 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de
Learn and get certified!