Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Changing renovation status of hotlink module

jrmrt
Booster
Hello

I just placed an IFC structural model as a Hotlink, but it is meant to show only the existing structural conditions of the project. As such, it should be in the 'existing' status, but it automatically placed the hotlink in the 'new' status and it doesn't allow me to change it. Is there a fix to this?

Thank you!
4 REPLIES 4
Hello,

You can find renovation information into your IFC but you can't change it into this file.
That is not the aim of an IFC

IFC is like a photo of a 3D BIM model
It is a special information and modeling photo, but there is no way to make it evolve
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Really ?? So whenever my hotlink have a renovation status it is not applied? So if for example I have a 25 stories hotel and I don't want to duplicate every room stories planning that are all the same (for the sake of the weight of the file), I wont able to do demolition plans or new construction plans on my principal file (the one hosting the rooms hotlinks) ?

Doesn't it make the "concept" of hotlinks completely useless??

If I remember well, in Revit, the renovation status is considered in while importing hotlink modules...
Hello Kevin Rozon,

Why do you use IFC instead of .mod or .pln ?

And here is the way to prepare a IFC translator to change renovation about an IFC hotlink :

Some explanation about IFC :
The IFC2x3 standard includes a main MVD :
Coordination View V2.0 : this view was designed to coordinate the three main models of project design: the architectural model, the structural model and the fluid model.

And IFC4 :
Reference View 1.0 : intended for one-way exchanges, the file issuer remains the owner of the model. It guarantees the geometric consistency of the model and the basic quantities, but it is not possible to retrieve or modify the objects in the model.
Design Transfer View 1.0 : keeps the editable character of the IFC elements to the maximum and therefore allows posterior intervention on the model with the possibility of adding, deleting, modifying or extracting elements. Model ownership can be transferred.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sorry I was not talking about .IFC explicitly, but any type of hotlink (.pln or .mod).
Can it be done?

Thank you,