Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Changing surface colors

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to match specific paint colors using RGB and hex numbers. When I enter them and save they get changed. Is there anyway of insuring that RGB colors (of Hex) stay where I want them?
4 REPLIES 4
so is it custom colors that you are not able to save?

"Add to Custom Colors" ?
2015-06-09_23-08-13.png

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Erich
Contributor
You should include a signature with your OS and version of ArchiCAD as that information can affect the answers you get. Click the profile link at the top of your screen then fill in the appropriate information that way the signature will automatically be added to all your posts.

That said, I have found this happening on the the Mac the last few versions of ArchiCAD. I wouldn't worry too much about it (in my case) for matching a specific color in the world due to the large number of variables to how it will be seen (monitor calibration, lighting, backlight versus paint, etc.) but if you are trying to match another surface in the model then it is highly frustrating and currently there is not a solution that I know of.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was trying to add a paint color in the Surface Settings. I put in the RGB color as well as the HEX number and saved. When I went back later to the new surface color I created, the RGB and HEX numbers had changed. I have modified paint colors before, but by eye. I am now working with a consultant who is providing specific colors for me to render.

Jay
Mac OS 10.10.3
AC v. 18
Anonymous
Not applicable
Watch the color settings in your ( floor plan and section) they can indirectly affect your custom color choices.