Sustainable design
About EcoDesigner, Energy Evaluation, Life Cycle Assessment, etc.

Climate Emergency: Embodied Carbon Calculator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is ArchiCAD likely to be compatible with the latest open source initiative responding to Climate Emergency?

http://www.carbonleadershipforum.org/projects/ec3/

If not we are missing a trick! If synchronising with Twinmotion can improve and simplify rendering to great effect can we not achieve the same efficiencies for Ecodesigner? Low Carbon design is going to be essential in the next few years, architects and designers will need the best tools to make it as easy as possible.
7 REPLIES 7
Ghaleb Khadra
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi Rod,

Thanks for posting and sharing this with us here!
I personally find this to be a great idea honestly. We already have a lot data in the BIM, especially the Embedded Energy and Embedded Carbon in the Building Materials. Unfortunately, this existing data is not being utilized by EcoDesigner however, it is still there nonetheless.

I have added this request into the database as Wish #12530. I sincerely hope this gets implemented as I am personally a big advocate for Green and Sustainable architecture.

Once more, thank you for sharing your knowledge about this subject and bringing it to our attention!

I wish you a wonderful day.

Kind regards,
Ghaleb
Ghaleb Khadra
BIM Expert
GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Ghaleb
Thanks for your response, that is encouraging, but meanwhile we are having to develop a useful method of calculating embodied carbon in our buildings as part of the RIBA 2030 challenge. We are using the embodied carbon data within the materials library but want to know what those figures actually represent and where the data comes from. Are they C02 equivalent figures or embodied Carbon Dioxide, for instance? Any help gratefully received.

Cheers Rod Hughes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Low carbon design strategies are already what our Clients are demanding.
Our BIM models have all the information - almost.....
ArchiCAD need updated library fields and universal definitions of embodied carbon for materials and products. We also need updated template reporting models.
Why not turbocharge Eco-Designer?
like this?
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
+1
I'd like to add Waste and some more. I'll try excel for all of this since I (the market really..it is NOW) can't wait for this.
/M
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ghaleb wrote:
Hi Rod,

Thanks for posting and sharing this with us here!
I personally find this to be a great idea honestly. We already have a lot data in the BIM, especially the Embedded Energy and Embedded Carbon in the Building Materials. Unfortunately, this existing data is not being utilized by EcoDesigner however, it is still there nonetheless.

I have added this request into the database as Wish #12530. I sincerely hope this gets implemented as I am personally a big advocate for Green and Sustainable architecture.

Once more, thank you for sharing your knowledge about this subject and bringing it to our attention!

I wish you a wonderful day.

Kind regards,
Ghaleb
Hello! It has been some time since this discussion, I just wanted to check if there are any updates regarding embodied carbon calculator?

Thank you in advance!
some related reading (not Archicad, but ...)

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/194876539X/?coliid=I3AZV28ACTZTL5&colid=3B4HRTDK236NL&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_...
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!