Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Climbing wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey, to everyone! I'm new here, so i apologize for probably asking something that was asked thousand times before, but i was looking for a tutorial or instruction and everything like that, but couldn't find a proper answer.

So,... i will be quick.
Q: With which tool is the easiest way to draw a climbing wall? (the climbing wall will be used as a fascade on a house..so basically it's a wall, in a shape of a terrain:) with handles for climbing, and some holes for windows in it.)

Please, any suggestions?
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you have ArchiCAD 17 then I would use the Morph tool using which you can model practically anything.
If this is not a useful answer to you, then maybe you could upload a picture of what exactly that Wall should look like and we can go from there.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
If it's like the climbing walls I've seen the morph tool will be the way to go. Possibly starting with the mesh tool to make the terrainlike form, then convert to morph and rotate up to a class 5 climbing wall position.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Miha

I guess its a question of how detailed do you want the wall to be?

If you are just looking for something that will render up as a climbing wall with a nominal thickness then just use the standard wall tool and apply a custom surface to it.

If however you want to model a full editable climbing wall then you would be best using the morph tool to model individual sections of the wall and then peice them together. Or great the required surface mapping using the mest tool & slabs before then converting the whole lot to a morph to allow you to rotate it to the vertical

Prior to AC17 i modelled a climbing wall using a series of slabs with slightly different facades stacked ontop of each other and then applied a photo to the main surface to get the effect of the wall. which worked well.