Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Cloud Cursor ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
What does the cloud cursor mean? Some times I will be working in the 3D window and all of the sudden I will lose the abality to select any objects and all I get is the cloud cursor. The only way I can get it back to normal is to close and re-open the window. I'm shure there is some logical explination for this (allways is). Any Ideas?
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
The cloud cursor is supposed to indicate that there are no selectable objects at the location (open sky beyond I guess). If you are getting it when the cursor is traveling over visible model elements then it is either a bug or it might mean that the elements have changed in plan (or some other view). I don't recall seeing this before, but I am sure that you cannot edit in 3D elements that have been changed in another view until the 3D view is rebuilt.
Djordje
Ace
Matthew wrote:
The cloud cursor is supposed to indicate that there are no selectable objects at the location (open sky beyond I guess). If you are getting it when the cursor is traveling over visible model elements then it is either a bug or it might mean that the elements have changed in plan (or some other view). I don't recall seeing this before, but I am sure that you cannot edit in 3D elements that have been changed in another view until the 3D view is rebuilt.
Rebuild solves it, especially if you are in the OpenGL mode and your video system can forget where the elements of the model are. Happens to me at home on old nVidia Riva TNT quite often ... age shows.

For the ground, we should have a grass cursor, too! 😉
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Having to re-build is no big deal, but It is a little frustrating that it is the graphics card because mine is brand new! It is an ATI Radion 9800 Pro. I've read about some compatiblity issues with the ATI cards (after purchase, my fault I guess) Thanks for the reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am still in the habit of turning off the auto-rebuild in 3D. It goes back to the days when a rebuild could be a serious commitment of time. Perhaps I should update some of my habits to the 21st century.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem. It started when I started to script my first object. Rebuilding doesn't help me. The manual said this about the cursor, but I do not understand what to do about it, or actually what it means:
Cloud indicates empty space over the horizon in perspective views.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I found a solution to my problem. I just changed the projection view settings from sideview to topview. And that solved the problem.
anto_bg
Participant

I see that this is an old thread but I am having a similar issue with the cursor in Archicad 25. In the Project Map window (ground floor) - I can neither select the imported image with the Arrow tool, nor with the Marquee tool. The cursor turns into a cloud cursor or if it's an arrow cursor doesn't select the image at all and thus I am unable to rescale it.

So you are trying to select an image in the floor plan view?

What do you mean by an imported image?

Can you post a screen shot?

You shouldn't see a cloud cursor there, only when in the 3D perspective window.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry! Thanks for the reply! I fixed it by opening another older file and I dragged and dropped the jpeg image there and I successfully selected it and rescaled it.

I don't know why the empty new file didn't do the job.