BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Coded scripts.

Cosminn
Contributor
Hello everyone, is there any chance to see Coded scripts?
Please see attached, Thank you

Best Regards,

Daniel

Coded scripts.jpg
Sincerely,
Daniel
7 REPLIES 7
Karl Ottenstein
It looks like the object you're examining is password-protected, presumably written by someone who has it for sale (vs an object in the standard Graphisoft library)?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Cosminn
Contributor
Yes Carl thank you for your time. I have tried to take some information from that scripts but no chance. It is that possible?
Sincerely,
Daniel
Karl Ottenstein
Cosminn wrote:
Yes Carl thank you for your time. I have tried to take some information from that scripts but no chance. It is that possible?
If it is not a Graphisoft object - then the person who wrote it has it protected to protect their work. What is the object? Did you purchase it?

Prior to 16 (I think it is 16 when the password-protection began), there was a way to 'hide' the scripts from the GDL editor (the view you show in your screenshot) - but you could still access most of the script by editing the GSM file in a text editor such as Notepad (Windows) or Textedit (Mac).

The password protection now encrypts the scripts to better protect the labor / investment of those creating objects for sale - or, to prevent modification, for whatever reason the author might have for that.
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Cosminn
Contributor
Thank you so much Carl, I opened the file in WordPad in NotePad, but there are some unknown characters. Please can you help me with this issue?

Please see attached.
Unknown characters.jpg
Sincerely,
Daniel
Karl Ottenstein
It appears to be encrypted and so it is not a script that you have the ability to view or edit. Contact the author of the object.
Cosminn
Contributor
Ok, Thanks a lot.
Sincerely,
Daniel
Frank Beister
Advisor
If an author encrypts or hides a script it has regularry the reason, that he does not want to share the code. Normally you should have a name or email adress inside. You could contact him and ask, what you are looking for.
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
Learn and get certified!