Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Columns appear as holes on view placed on layout

Hi, I have a project originating on AC 21. When migrating to 23, this thing happens:
Some columns disappear from the view when updated on the layout. The columns appear correctly on floor plan view. I noticed that the view appears as if there is a hole, because when the view is moved outside of the layout, grey spaces appear where the columns should be.
Mac OSX 13.6.4 | AC 26 INT 3001 FULL
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Achille,

I hope everything is going well for you!

Thank you for the question and I am very sorry about the issue! From your description, it matches the defect ARCH-4066, which was fixed with the first update of ARCHICAD 23 (4006). If you are still using build 3003, could you update to 4006 and see if this still happens?

(This defect happened when a wrapped column touched a wall, it would not be visible in layout)

Let me know if this helps!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jp1138
Expert
Hmmm, maybe something about the renovation status of these columns? Have you tried looking through all the states in case they are there somewhere?
ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10
No, it has nothing to do with renovation status.

Actually I think its a bug, because if I move a column, and then update the view on the layout it appears correctly.
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Achille,

I hope everything is going well for you!

Thank you for the question and I am very sorry about the issue! From your description, it matches the defect ARCH-4066, which was fixed with the first update of ARCHICAD 23 (4006). If you are still using build 3003, could you update to 4006 and see if this still happens?

(This defect happened when a wrapped column touched a wall, it would not be visible in layout)

Let me know if this helps!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Thanks Minh, that solved it!
Miha_M
Advisor
I had the same problem and found this working solution.
It's good to have this forum around.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11