BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Columns, slabs and others in colinear walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have some issues. Wen i´m building a new model, usually the columns and the walls are on the same plane, but wen I look on de 3D, I see the wall, and the columns too. This is a issue because the column is, for example, painted in the exterior in white and blue in the interior, but with the surface option, is all the column that is painted! Not only the paint issue, it happens too in a elevation, where the column and the slab is visible in the wall plane... Can you help me with this?

Im starting with this program but, I happend to hear that a BIM app have to be model like the real building is going to be. This is why I think there is another way, other than putting a micro wall in front of all to cover it, or getting some centimeters more in the wall (not real and the layout them is not real too)

Captura de pantalla 2016-02-17 a las 15.35.35.png
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would guess that the columns would be rendered in real life, so the walls and columns look flush.at least on the outside.if so, then look at the partial structural display options.
create your walls with the finishes.eg. 10mm render/100mm block/50mm cavity/100mm block/10mm render.
total thickness 270mm.
columns are 250mm.
place columns in the wall in correct place. and they are hidden.
change the partial structural display options from entire model to without finishes.
change your view options as required.
maybe another way.
Learn and get certified!