BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Combining 2 windows into 1 column on the schedule.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to combine 2 windows into 1 column on the windows schedule?
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
Short answer - no.

Long answer - you can select the 2 windows and save then together as one window object.
But you will lose all the window parameters so your schedule will probably not show the information you want.
It would be a lot of work to add the parameters back in to make the windows like the others.
Also if saving 2 windows as one new window object it also seems to save the wall as well so make the wall as small a possible or convert the windows to Morphs and save the morphs only as the new window.
Basically you need to create a custom window but as I said you won't have all the parameters to make it adjustable and you may not have all the information you want for your schedule.

What type of window are you trying to create that requires two separate windows?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank Barry,

I have been requested a complex quadruple window also upper transom. I can't find any in Archicad Library 18 to suite. hence I decided to use 2 double windows and let them overlap at the frames, that is pretty good on the elevation. Unfortunately, they are separated in the schedule.

PK.
Barry Kelly
There is a horizontal multi-sash window in 18 but it doesn't seem to have a transom.
So you are back to square one adding a separate window above.

There is a 4 sash sliding window and that does have a transom which will be fine if you have a sliding window.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
That is pretty help , thanks. In spite of floor plan graphics indicate as a sliding window, this is not what i expected (see attachment). I will play with 2D for that.

PK.
Quadruple Window.JPG
Learn and get certified!