BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Commercial Flush Mount Toilets / Grab bars

rm
Expert
Those of us in the US working on high use commercial bathrooms, know that virtually all installed toilets are wall mounted, sometimes floor mounted, flush valve toilets.

Rarely would an architect spec a tank type toilet in a high use commercial application. If they did, they would be asking for trouble. Given Graphisoft's thrust in trying to focus on large firm / large projects, how on is it we can't have a wall mounted flush valve, ADA compliant toilet library part with required grab bars?!

Library part ADA 24 cannot be modeled in 3D and drawn in 2D as a wall mounted toilet, showing no. Conversely if you use WC 24 where you can show it as wall mounted, there is no option for adding the usual 2 or 3 grab rails.

WHEN is GS going to take updating the entire library to year 2021 standards instead of 1990 standards. Absolutely inexcusable for the neglect the US library has had for decades now.
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
12 REPLIES 12
rm
Expert
Lingwisyer wrote:

Ling.

Edit - On Topic: I just had a look at the AC22 AUS disabled toilet and it has options for wall hung toilets and in-wall carriers... Not sure what makes it ADA compliant, but could you possibly import the object from the INT library?
Thanks Ling -

I will take a look at that. That said, I do show clients a lot of models prior to rendering as well. That is also why I like the model to be accurate to life as possible. But to your point, it is just odd how GS gave us an ADA pre configured object with grab bars and toilet. The problem is the toilet tank cannot be turned off or not shown....its like its a complete oversight on some coders part.
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Lingwisyer
Guru
rm wrote:
its like its a complete oversight on some coders part.

You will have to chase up who ever puts together the US library as as we have seen all over this forum, many objects in it appear to be missing significant functions available in the INT library's equivalent parts... Built from scratch rather than modifying the existing maybe, though I do why they might do that as the GS objects seems overly complex and convoluted...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
I think if you look at what the GDL team has been focusing on over the last few years - CW, Stairs, Railings, and many other major elements before that, you can appreciate that the general object library would be a lower priority.
Also consider the legacy structure of their library and its myriad of macros, and the number of library parts reading them, as it grows over time and changes direction, and all the local version, inconsistencies creep in.
Also remember that the coder who is accused of oversight may have never had anything to do with the building industry.

The fact that once it got out into the public and people with knowledge picked it up and still you can't get your local distributer (or whoever is responsible for the library) to fix it, is the real problem here.

I could have fixed it quicker than writing this message.

If you have permissions (not sure about local variations), just extract it and send it to me and I will set a Boolean to the cistern. Then you can send it to the responsible party and they can add it into the library so everyone else gets it.

The fee I will charge is; get 3 people to subscribe to the Cadswift YouTube channel (link in signature)
Creator of Cadswift's parametric GDL libraries
Creator of Infinite Openings and Component Catalogues
Push the envelope & watch it bend
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/CADSwift/playlists
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!