BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Commercial and Wood Door finish problem.

rm
Expert
If you wish to assign a finish color for your doors in the 08 11 00 Metal Doors and Frames 23 or 08 14 00 Wood Doors 23, you cannot do so without it adding the same color/finish to the window sash above or for sidelights. The sash color should have a parameter for color or it should match the frame.

The way GS has it set up, it makes the doors look like cartoons. You would never want the sash to match the door panel color, you would want it to match the frame color. You can see this on the attached image. As far as I can tell, there is NO way possible to have the window sash color at the sidelight and above match the frame color, it can only match the door panel color - this is a joke!!!

Why on earth can't GS design a rock solid, logical door and window library?!?!?

I have a presentation I have to submit for infront of an Architectural Review Board and all my colors/finishes have to be accurate as they will be built. Now, I will have to take my renderings into PS and fix all the sash colors.

Come on Graphisoft, we have been waiting for a realistic, concise and repeatable library of doors and windows. Why is this so freaking hard for GS to deliver this to us?!?

Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
7 REPLIES 7
Lingwisyer
Guru
Though a poor solution, you could try modifying the object.

Ideally the code is something along the lines of,

MATERIAL gs_frame_mat
frame code...

MATERIAL gs_leaf_mat
leaf code...

MATERIAL gs_leaf_mat
sash code...

MATERIAL gs_glass_mat
glazing code...

If it is, then you could just change the Set Material for the sash. If not, you would have to isolate the sash code and insert a new Set Material.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
rm
Expert
Ling -

Thank you so much for trying to help. I couldn't code an object if I tried.....way to busy running my practice.

Bottom line, this is Graphisoft responsibility to address, not yours or mine.

Thanks again for your help!

Lingwisyer wrote:
Though a poor solution, you could try modifying the object.

Ideally the code is something along the lines of,

MATERIAL gs_frame_mat
frame code...

MATERIAL gs_leaf_mat
leaf code...

MATERIAL gs_leaf_mat
sash code...

MATERIAL gs_glass_mat
glazing code...

If it is, then you could just change the Set Material for the sash. If not, you would have to isolate the sash code and insert a new Set Material.

Ling.
Robert Mariani
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Lingwisyer
Guru
Their objects are also inconsistent...

Jp1138
Expert
I don´t know if I´m not understanding the problem correctly, but I don´t seem to have that problem in the Spanish version.

I don´t understand why all libraries don´t have the same functios
ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10
rm
Expert
I think you understand the problem just fine - your image shows what we can't do with the US library but you can do with the Spanish version library! This is inexcusable Graphisoft. Why are the library part settings not consistent market to market?!? If the Spanish version library can set frame, sash, panel finishes separately for interior and exterior, why can't the US library do the same, for that matter ALL AC libraries should do the same.

This just clearly illustrates how little attention the libraries get, at least in the US!

Fix this PLEASE GS!

Jp1138 wrote:
I don´t know if I´m not understanding the problem correctly, but I don´t seem to have that problem in the Spanish version.

I don´t understand why all libraries don´t have the same functios
Robert Mariani
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Jp1138
Expert
rm wrote:
I think you understand the problem just fine - your image shows what we can't do with the US library but you can do with the Spanish version library! This is inexcusable Graphisoft. Why are the library part settings not consistent market to market?!? If the Spanish version library can set frame, sash, panel finishes separately for interior and exterior, why can't the US library do the same, for that matter ALL AC libraries should do the same.

This just clearly illustrates how little attention the libraries get, at least in the US!

Fix this PLEASE GS!
It´s troubling that basic functions are not consistent. For example, I read here https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39426&p=307321&hilit=electrical#p307321 that US switch objects show the switch in 3D, but the Spanish version is only a 2D symbol
ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10
Lingwisyer
Guru
The Spanish door looks just like a translated version of the INT / AUS one. The US being special, has it's own doors and windows... Not the first time the US doors / windows have run into these types of issues...

Learn and get certified!