Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Complex Profile - Angled Stretch

Lingwisyer
Guru
Hi all,

Is there a way to make an angled edge in a Complex Profile stretch diagonally so that it retains it's angle when the profile itself is stretch. At the moment, angles change when a profile is stretched as the line is read as a connection between two points rather than a vector.

I feel like you cannot, but I figured I would ask here anyway...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
Not with a standard complex profile.
If the angled edge is within the horizontal/vertical stretch zones then the angle will alter when the profile height/width is changed.
If it is not in the stretch zone then it will stay as it is and possibly move with the height/width change - depending if it is on the same side of the stretch zone that you are changing the height/width for.

However in 22 we now have complex profile modifiers.
So you can create a modifier to move the angled edge (it still needs to be outside of the horizontal/vertical stretch zones.

Have a look at some of the complex profiles that come with the default 22 template.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly
Not with a standard complex profile.
If the angled edge is within the horizontal/vertical stretch zones then the angle will alter when the profile height/width is changed.
If it is not in the stretch zone then it will stay as it is and possibly move with the height/width change - depending if it is on the same side of the stretch zone that you are changing the height/width for.

However in 22 we now have complex profile modifiers.
So you can create a modifier to move the angled edge (it still needs to be outside of the horizontal/vertical stretch zones.

Have a look at some of the complex profiles that come with the default 22 template.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
Ah... I did not think of using the Complex Profile Modifiers in this situation. Works perfectly.

Thanks,

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660