Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Complex Profile Missing from Hotlink

ocamorlinga
Booster

Hello all,

We have a structural model hotlinked into our main pln, which contains some beams with custom profiles, for example W12X14. I noticed a lot of duplicates in the hotlinked and main pln, so I went into the Attribute Manager and deleted all of the W12X14 (1), W12X14 (2), etc., and in the dialogue that appeared after to replace the custom profile with another one I chose the original W12X14. I did this first in the hotlinked pln, and then also in the main pln, but now some of my beams in my main pln have MISSING for the custom profile under Structure. Below is a beam from the main pln:

ocamorlinga_2-1667494783700.png

I can't change the profile the beam is using in the main pln, as the beam is being hotlinked in, but in my hotlinked file it shows fine and that it is using the proper W12X14 profile. Below is the same beam from the hotlink file:

ocamorlinga_1-1667494740300.png

Is there any way to fix this? I did this process of removing duplicates with several other Complex Profiles, for example W12X16 & W16X26, and these show up fine in my main file.

Thanks!

AC 24 US
Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 16.0 GB Ram, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ocamorlinga
Booster

I Figured it out, I did the following to fix it, in case anyone runs into this issue in the future:

1. In Hotlink File: Duplicate the missing Complex Profile and rename it, for example W12X14 - NEW

2. In Hotlink File: Open Attribute Manager (or Profile Manager) delete the original profile and replace all with the new profile.

3. Save and reload the Hotlink File

4. In Main file: Reload the Hotlink Module

5. All beams should have correct profile, delete the original profile and replace all with the new profile (even though none of the beams should have the original profile anymore)

Done! I guess I accidentally didn't replace the profile when I deleted it? Or a GUID mishap? Who knows.

AC 24 US

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
ocamorlinga
Booster

I Figured it out, I did the following to fix it, in case anyone runs into this issue in the future:

1. In Hotlink File: Duplicate the missing Complex Profile and rename it, for example W12X14 - NEW

2. In Hotlink File: Open Attribute Manager (or Profile Manager) delete the original profile and replace all with the new profile.

3. Save and reload the Hotlink File

4. In Main file: Reload the Hotlink Module

5. All beams should have correct profile, delete the original profile and replace all with the new profile (even though none of the beams should have the original profile anymore)

Done! I guess I accidentally didn't replace the profile when I deleted it? Or a GUID mishap? Who knows.

AC 24 US

Watch the index numbers in the attribute manager.

The profile may have the same name in each file (main and hotlink), but if the index number is different, they are treated as different profiles.

That is why you get (1), (2), after the names.

Archicad creates a 'new' profile because the index number is different, but because the name is the same, it has to amend the name slightly.

If you create a new attribute in one file, you need to make sure you use the Attribute Manager to 'Overwrite by index number' to all other linked files, so you have the same attribute with the same index number in all files.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11