BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex Profile bug? vertical stretch missing

Anonymous
Not applicable
The complex profiler has always been a little buggy, but this is new. I've created a complex profile wall, and I would like to have a vertical stretch. The checkmark box is checked, and the layer is on, but I can't see the lines anywhere. It says the horizontal lines are also checked and visible, but they too are nowhere to be seen. So I turn off and on thee horizontal stretch layer and magically they appear. I do the same for the vertical stretch lines, but it won't let me shut off the layer! They are completely missing even though it says they are on. Zoom extents doesn't help.

So I close the program and open the file again, then they are there. Then I do some editing of the profile and they are gone again.

The project I just started is using all CP's to model the exterior walls, so I am dead in the water!
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
I have seen something like this some years ago (can't remember which version) where the stretch layers seemed to be locked.
Can't remember a particular solution and haven't noticed it lately as I have had to set up new profiles.

Another problem I have is the stretch lines are on but they use a line type that is almost invisible.
I have a "dotted wide" line that just has one small dot every 300mm so it hardly shows (especially with a thin pen).
For some reason my profiles always default to this line rather than the solid line (probably to do with my template and changing line types from the standard template years ago).

Anyway long story short - if you move your cursor around in the profile editor where the stretch lines should be (usually the extents of the profile) you may see the cursor change to the mercedes icon meaning the line is there.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Another hint for finding the Stretch Lines: select the Line Tool and then Select All Lines, they will be selected (then their pen and line type can be changed).

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think the lines were there at all. Funny, I try to replicate it today and it is working perfectly. I'll post if it pops up again.

One other thing I notice, if you delete a fill in the CP, them undo the delete, it resets the edge settings of the fill (the pen). You then hit the store button and it changes the pen of the edge yet again. This happening to you?
Barry Kelly
Steven wrote:
One other thing I notice, if you delete a fill in the CP, them undo the delete, it resets the edge settings of the fill (the pen). You then hit the store button and it changes the pen of the edge yet again. This happening to you?
Yes.
Before you press"Store' you can see the perimeter line colour in the info box but you can't change it.
Nor can you change any individual edge using the pet palette.

After you store then the perimeter colour in the info box is greyed out but you can change the edges individually with the pet palette where you can chosse to 'apply to all edges'.
Now you can edit it again as normal in the info box.

Something bizarre happening there.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!