Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex Wall Profile in Plan View

I want to add detail to my complex wall profile so I don't have to detail anything in sections. I am getting a space/gap in this Complex Wall Profile I don't want to see. It also makes a gap in the Skin Label. Apparently what shows in the Floor Plan view of a Complex Wall Profile is based on a pseudo cut through the wall at some distance above the point of origin in the Complex Profile Window. ? If so, what height is that, and can I control it to get rid of the gap I don't want to see?

I also make the Complex Wall Profile with siding because I like the way it give you a true 3D view instead of just an image of some siding.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
It is the Floor Plan Cut Plane height that determines how the plan view appears.
This may also affect the output of your label - so if you can get the FPCP to be at a height were there is no gap then you label may be better.

I have asked Graphisoft in our developers forum if we can nominate the cut plane of a complex profile in the profile settings but there has been no response.

Barry.
symbolic_cut_plane.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Thank you Barry much

That works. I just had to get a dimension on where from the point of origin up to a place where the cut through only one piece of the siding fill and where it was also tight to the wall sheathing fill. There was no place exactly like that so I stretched the siding fill a bit in that one place to make it work.

For those who may be interested, I also have a tiny sliver of fill/material in places where I want it to report two materials but I only want to show one.

The studs @ 16" o.c. and the insulation for example.

I am going to start using the Wall Schedule at a larger scale with all the graphics and labels but use graphic overrides to show only two line walls ( the core only) on the floor plans. The Wall Tags are what connects the floor plan walls with the more detailed Wall Schedule details. Also, there will be a schedule for how many feet of each wall type there is next to the Wall Schedule.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25