BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex profile visibility problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I have a problem with Archicad 21 complex profile fill visibility.
I made a classic wall with 5 layers, i used complex profile because I have more walls with the same composition and just one varies in width and I don't want a list of seven distinct composite details that are essentially the same, when just a complex profile with a variable width will do.
Anyway, no matter the materials used, the visibility priority seems to be from left to right. And the result is that the the left layer finishing is on top of the next layer of structural brick that is on top of the next layer of finishing (the same as the first one) on top of the insulation layer. I want the brick to have the thickest line delimitation, then the insulation and the thinnest (or none) for the finishing. I can't accomplish this, no matter the priority of the materials.
Has anyone met with this problem before?
Thank you in advance.
1 REPLY 1
toman311
Enthusiast
In the Complex Profile settings dialog box, you can adjust the settings under "Uniform Drawing Contours" to achieve a nice, bound box. Set the outside lines (the first setting) to cut pen thickness and the inside lines (the second setting) to the standard drawing pen (that's for Western drawing standards). Then click the "Override" button beneath.

Now if you want more customization than that, all you got to do is click on the line of the fill you want to change to a different pen weight. You should get the Pet Palette to show up. Hover your cursor over the buttons and click on the one that says, "Set parameters to profile edge". This one is the last one on the right on the top row for me. It's got a 3D letter "C" in it's button box. This opens the "Custom Edge Settings".

Under the Cut Line settings you can change the pen weight.

Pick your pen weight and click "Ok".
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
Learn and get certified!