BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex profiles Wall with door - material of reveal

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I've a problem with the reveal of a door placed in a Complex Profile Wall.

The attached screenshot explains the problem.

The wall in plaster has a skirting in stone at the bottom of the wall. In the left example I've drawn 2 walls on eachother, one with plaster finishing and the other with stone finishing (composite walls). This way I have to work with 2 walls and it's not that convenient to make changes.

I've made a complex profile (screenshot middle and right) where I can stretch the upper part of the wall. But when I put a door in that wall, the reveal is colored in the material of the stone finishing (the skirting). If I move the door opening above the skirting the reveals colors white like the plaster.

Is there a way to get the complex profile to use the same profiling with the reveal? It seems an easier way to work with complex profiles in stead of drawing two walls on each other.

Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Could someone explain how they do this?

Everybody uses once a in while exterior walls with skirting or baseboards at the bottom? And doors are very common in exterior walls.

Do you have to divide the wall in two walls and use and empty opening on the lower part (the baseboard)?

Complex profile walls does seem very handy for this type of walls, but if you can't model the openings correctly with it, it's quite useless.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Rasmazzer wrote:
Do you have to divide the wall in two walls and use and empty opening on the lower part (the baseboard)?

Complex profile walls does seem very handy for this type of walls, but if you can't model the openings correctly with it, it's quite useless.
If Complex Walls don't work for you in this scenario, then yes, two Walls and an empty opening in the lower Wall can do it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!