BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex roofing with single plane construction.

Anonymous
Not applicable
My question is how can I build a complex building with the single plane. I mean to obtain the intersection between the different slope. If I tried to build it with the several planes tool I only get a predefined roof i.e., for a rectangular shape I got a 4 slope roof, and sometime you want a 3 slope roof or so...
4 REPLIES 4
Lingwisyer
Guru
If you click on each of the pitching points of a Multi-Plane roof, you can change that side to a gable, in turn reducing the number of slopes. If you are using multiple Single-Plane roofs, you should get a snap point on where they intersect.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, thank. So I asume there is two ways, single plane and get intersection between them and multiplane and then reducing planes, editing ridges. I made one using this second method, now I need to adjust the angle of the slopes, but apparently It doesn't allow me to do it, I got a "!" close to the angle in the dialogue window.
Lingwisyer
Guru
There should be a pitching option in that same dialogue that you changed some sides to gables. The "!" in the roof settings indicates that your pitches are not consistent across the faces of your roof and that changing the pitch in the main dialogue will not affect these faces that have a custom pitch. To modify these faces, you will have to enter that faces dialogue via the pitching line again. If you have a lot of unique pitches, I would advise against using a Multi-Pitch as I find it is more trouble that it is worth if there is a chance of the pitches changing.

Much like the Stair, Rail and Curtain Wall Tools after initially creating the object, you can modify individual parts. Once a part has been modified in in this way, it will no longer follow changes made in the objects main settings dialogue.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Ling, very good explanation.
Learn and get certified!