Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Composite Walls question

Anonymous
Not applicable
i am a newbie to archicad and need help with the basics of COMPOSITE WALLS.. i have searched the web and viewed the tutorials.. but none really touched on how to make a basic new composite walls.. custom materials.. etc... can anyone direct me in the right direction?

thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
You start by duplicating one that is similar to what you want. Then add, remove and alter the skins as needed.
Anonymous
Not applicable
there isnt an option to make a new wall style from scratch?.. if not, i know how to draw a wall.. how do i COPY/DUPLICATE an existing wall and modify it...

also, i assume by the term SKINS.. it means material.. drywall is a skin, furring is a skin.. cmu is a skin..?

thanks
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
No, there is no option you are looking for.
You need ti duplicate an existing Composite, as Matthew said.

Yes, the term skin refers to the individual layers of the Composite Wall.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
cadmaster wrote:
there isnt an option to make a new wall style from scratch?.. if not, i know how to draw a wall.. how do i COPY/DUPLICATE an existing wall and modify it...
You make new composites in the editing dialog at Optiona > Element Attributes > Composites. These can then be used with the wall tool to make new or modify existing walls.
also, i assume by the term SKINS.. it means material.. drywall is a skin, furring is a skin.. cmu is a skin..?
We use "skins" because "layer" could be confusing (and "strata" doesn't seem right ).