BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Composite wall edges - showing up as "grey"? how to fix?

rob2218
Enthusiast
thanks all for you help.
I've got this composite wall edges which keep showing up as a "grey" light line pen color.
Now...I'm hoping that I don't have to make some sort of crazy global pen change in pen color which WILL affect other pens using the same pen number...I've looked high and low and can't seem to discover "where" either amongst the pen sets or the wall composite parameters where I can change the color of this "grey" edge for the walls. it's really throwin' a damper on my printing......client keeps asking me "why can't I see the wall termination edge"?......I have no idea what to answer him with.
help would greatly be appreciated.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
7 REPLIES 7
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
It's set in your composite structure settings. Play around in there.

Cheers,
Link.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Link wrote:
It's set in your composite structure settings. Play around in there.
In the Composite Structures dialog box it is the check box and pen setting in the middle of the Edit Skin and Lines Structure panel.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
rob2218
Enthusiast
Here's what i've found so far.....it's PEN2 the culprit.
seems PEN2 in my pensets is grey.
when I switch to a different penset that is "NOT" grey rather black....that edge changes......so question becomes...is it a penset that needs tweaking or a composite? Also...I'm positive PEN2 is being used by a 1000 other objects which will cause "them" to change as well.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
NEVER in a million years would I have thought that the "skin separator" lines ALSO controlled the EDGE END lines thickness behaviour......never.
Go figure.
Thanks Matt and Link.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
They're two different things.

The skin contour pen (as described in the dialog) sets the lines that separate the skins.

The skin end line pen (which is not so obvious) sets the pen for both ends of the skin.

If you're ever unsure of what something does you can generally right click on it and select 'What's This?'.

Cheers,
Link.
rob2218
Enthusiast
understood but....I'm now even more confused than ever.
So in the just above dialogue box which shows the "composite" information, which is the "skin separator pen" toggle and which/where is the toggle to change the wall "end" pens?
Link wrote:
They're two different things.

The skin contour pen (as described in the dialog) sets the lines that separate the skins.

The skin end line pen (which is not so obvious) sets the pen for both ends of the skin.

If you're ever unsure of what something does you can generally right click on it and select 'What's This?'.

Cheers,
Link.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
The top and bottom ones are the contour lines. These are the very outer edge lines for the entire wall.

In between them are alternating pens for the skin ends and the skin lines.

So in your image from the top:
pen 5 is the outside contour pen
pen 141 is the skin end pen for Stucco
pen 3 is the skin line pen between Stucco & Wood Sheathing
pen 2 is the skin end pen for Wood Sheathing
pen 1 is the skin line pen between Wood Sheathing & Wood Framing 2x Lumber
etc.

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!