Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Connection between the Slab's 2D fill and its 3D texture

Dalius
Enthusiast

I have a very important question for Archicad developers that has been bothering us for three years. When could we expect that choosing "Link to Fill Origin" for slab in 2D will again affect the origin and direction of its texture in 3D, as it was in all old Archicad versions except the last three? (v23, 24, 25)

I know you’ll say use "Aline 3D Texture" commands instead. However, this is not the right solution, leading to serious misunderstandings in the design process, especially since "Set Direction" in 3D does not affect the rotation of the fill direction in 2D. Separately editing the direction in 2D and 3D is a double and killing work.

Please please please, do something with this. We’ve been waiting for three years – it’s really too long!

Dalius Regelskis
AC user since version 6.0
http://archicad-pamokos.lt
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly

I just checked in 24 and it is still there.

Barry.

BarryKelly_0-1632273283976.png

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Barry, please explain what you just checked and what is still there?

Let me repeat, the last Archicad version, which had the connection between the Slab's 2D fill and its 3D texture, was 22. After that, there were only promises, but so far no solution 😞
    Link-to-Fill-Origin.png

Dalius Regelskis
AC user since version 6.0
http://archicad-pamokos.lt

Sorry, I misread.

I thought you were saying the "Link to Fill Origin" for slab was missing in 23, 24 25.

Not that it no longer has any affect on the 3D texture.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Sunny75
Booster

Totally frustrated that the functionality "Link to Fill Origin" for slab in 2D is still not working, in alignment with 3d textures, why??

I see if the developers retrieved 3D stacked to 2D the users will say hey there’re some cases where we need it to be separated so the only solution is to have a check box in 3D texture to follow the 2D fill origin if it’s ticked or to be customized if not.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB