Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Convert 2D drawings to New object

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

How can I convert 2D drwgs. to objects in Archicad.
I have plan, front view and elevation for a Plane in 2D but I want to convert in a new object to use different views (elevation, front, plan) with the same object. GDL

Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
There are some 2D objects in the standard AC Library (in AC11 at least) including a plane, that have options to view top, side or front views. Perhaps check them out and see if you can crack the code.
Picture 5.png
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
velletti wrote:
How can I convert 2D drwgs. to objects in Archicad.
I have plan, front view and elevation for a Plane in 2D but I want to convert in a new object to use different views (elevation, front, plan) with the same object. GDL
I've automated this process using the API, but only because it had to be done for literally thousands of drawings - probably not the kind of solution you're looking for.

If you're doing it manually, you could import each drawing in turn and paste it into the 2D section of the object. Make sure that each is on a different layer in the object, have a parameter to select the required view, and use fragment2 to draw the relevant layer.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also look at the global context variables if you want it to automatically show up as an elevation in an elevation, plan in plan etc.
If you're doing it manually, you could import each drawing in turn and paste it into the 2D section of the object. Make sure that each is on a different layer in the object, have a parameter to select the required view, and use fragment2 to draw the relevant layer.
I am trying to do the same thing.

First, let me tell you how I started. I downloaded a library part form moroso.it and the elevation was basically a triangulated image of the model, that loaded in several minutes. So I thought to change the 2D elevation to a simple line drawing.

I studied the 2D objects from the standard library but I can't figure out how to draw in each elevation.

Could you please help with a tutorial or step by step guidance?

Is there a 'help' file somewhere?
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11