Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Coordinates (latitude , longitude) object

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

I would like to entre the geographic coordinates on this object, but I've looked at pretty much all the options and its always greyed out. What am I missing?

Please look at the attached image.

Thank you all in advance.
7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly
You can't set the coordinates in the object itself (even though the English version says "Set World Coordinates of Origin").

You set the coordinates in the 'Location Settings' which will set those coordinates to the Project origin.
The object simply then calculates the new coordinates based on the distance and height that you place it from the project origin.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, I understand.
There is an old video on YouTube though and the user was able to have access to that.option.

No?

Thanks
Barry Kelly
afaria wrote:
There is an old video on YouTube though and the user was able to have access to that.option.
That is an old version 17 object.
It seems in newer versions the same object has lost the ability to show 'World Coordinates', but there is a new separate 'World Coordinate' object.
This new 'World Coordinate' object however no longer seems to have the option for custom world coordinates.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I see what you mean. I could really use an objet in which I could set geographic coordinates.

Thank you anyway.
Barry Kelly
afaria wrote:
I could really use an objet in which I could set geographic coordinates.

With the new one you set the coordinates in the "Location Settings" of Archicad.
This will set the coordinates of the drawing origin.
The object will then display the coordinates of the object in relation to the project origin.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Barry,

Yes I get you. It's just that I needed to place one specific coordinate other than the origin. I've tried converters online to calculate distance between two geographic points and also copying paste from one file to the other but it doesn't work.

Thank you again.
Hi all,

I also was fiddling around today with the same objects trying to find out what they do and how they are used - and what their main purpose is.
I would suggest to add a short description in the AC help center.

BR, Florian
AC24 4018 INT, Win10, Quadro P2000, Xeon, BIMCloud