BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Coordinates

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have to reinstall ArchiCAD v10 and I'm forgetting many basics I haven't used in years.

During my recreation of Keyboard Shortcuts, I inadvertently assigned R to a command; thereby, losing the ability to use it as a coordinate to lock in the chosen angle yet select a specific distance; e.g., dragging a line perpendicular to another line a specific distance of 2'. I can't figure out how to reprogram "R" for this function. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
ArchiCAD v10
Macbook Pro
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was going to suggest that if you don't work it out, D does the same as R in that situation (if you can retrain yourself), but maybe not in AC10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the tip on the shortcut D; but unfortunately, I also reassigned the function of "D".
Barry Kelly
Try re-assigning the R key to the Radius/Distance command.
This is the one it was assigned to originally.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't locate where the Radius/Distance can be programmed under the root menus; e.g., Edit, Design, Options, etc..

I think I may be able to relocate a previously saved Keyboard Shortcut file in a backup but I don't know where to find the file either. I searched under the Graphisoft folder and I don't find anything suggesting the Shortcut Scheme file. I even assigned a new Keyboard Shortcut to a command I'll never use, saved it, and then did a search for a file on my harddrive with the time of saving hoping I could locate the file in a round-about way but the change was not revealed.
Barry Kelly
Use the "List all commands in alphabetical order" option in the work Environment.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
edrab wrote:
I can't locate where the Radius/Distance can be programmed under the root menus; e.g., Edit, Design, Options, etc..
Go to Work Environment > Shortcut Schemes > Keyboard Shortcuts. Change the List to All Commands by Theme, then open the 13 Numeric Input folder and scroll down to the Radius/Distance command to change its shortcut key.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks David and Barry...that did it!
Learn and get certified!