Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Copy Windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I copy a window from one wall to another? When I use the Ctrl+Drag option, it only lets me copy with the same wall as the window being copied.

Thanks.
17 REPLIES 17
Barry Kelly
Alex_Maya wrote:
Let me guess , it's 2020 and you still can't copy door or window from one wall to another if another wall is not parallel to first one but stays aside . right ?

Not by copy and paste or drag a copy.

But as mentioned before, ALT click on the door/window to get all of its settings, then place in any wall that you want.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry , Any chance to get into 24+ beta testing ?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Beta Testing application for AC24 has been closed for a while now.
But next year there will be beta testing again, which will be announced, normally around February-March, so you will be able to apply then.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your support.
Really dont understand attraction towards archicad compared to revit which is way easier in some things ,but has its minor underwater stones unfortunately.
I have several years Autocad background and left it month ago because of a BIM model simplicity
Yes I will try to apply into beta because some things about archicad just amazes me in negative meaning of that word (some things are overcomplicated).
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Switching from one complex application to another (and AutoCAD, Revit, and ARCHICAD are all complex applications) usually takes time and a shift in mindset because their philosophies are different, their basic concepts are different, their approaches are different. Many things are done very differently, and these all have to be learned and "adapted to".
Hopefully, you will see why many of us like ARCHICAD.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I understand that but in same time not being able to select doors and windows (elements) inside wall with rectangular selection is not something that you can call different mindset , it's rather unnecessary complication.
I just gave small example , but there are many annoying small things like that .
hope it will improve in further versions , and hope betaroom are responsive towards users.

autocad is way different than BIMs thats why I quit acad
in short, if another BIM software have something useful hope it's not banned for archicad only because it's already done by someone else.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Well, like many other things, selection methods differ from one app to the other.

In ARCHICAD, with the Arrow Tool active, you have the Quick Selection option using which you can select a Door or Window in a Wall by clicking on them (or SHIFT-clicking, when another Tool is active).
Of course, when you want to select multiple Doors or Windows in a Wall, you can draw a Marquee around it (like you would draw the selection rectangle), then select the Door Tool, and press CTRL+A to select all Doors within the Marquee.

But if you feel that this would be a good feature to be implemented, you can make a wish for it, we can vote on it and if it gets enough support, we can submit it to GRAPHISOFT for consideration.

If you do make a wish, please post its link in this thread.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok , I will try your method at first place.
Thanks.