Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Copy whole building

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there..
I have a 6-story building and I want to copy it to another archicad file.. what's the easiest way to do this? I need it both in plan view and 3D..

Thanks a lot in advance!
2 REPLIES 2
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Turn on all the layers you want to copy, use a bold marquee and encompass the entire structure with it. Make sure your storey settings are the same between both files, then copy and paste. You'll need to make sure you have any special library parts loaded in both files.

If you want a link between both files (so that changes to the original model update in the copy) then you'll need to hotlink module it. I'd recommend publishing .mod files as has been discussed before.

Cheers,
Link.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Hiba:

In addition to Link's advice, take a look at the Merge command, works best if the stories of each file match, in the Help files see: Interoperability > File Handling and Exchange > Merging Files to ArchiCAD. This will bring in all the 3D elements and 2D plan elements, but not 2D elements in other windows (Section, Elevation, etc).

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14