Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Copying Doors/Windows to second floor only

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Is there a way to copy Doors/Windows to second floor from first floor in to the walls directly above (2nd floor).
I tried coping the wall with the Doors/Windows in it but deleting the wall deletes the Doors/Windows in question. I would like for the Doors/Windows to cut into the existing wall in the 2nd floor.
Thanks,
Joseph
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is no direct way to copy/paste doors and windows by themselves (they exist solely in relation to the wall they are in).

But, you can transfer them fairly quickly (when copying the walls isn't desirable); turn on the floor to copy from as a ghost story, option/alt click to pick up door or window settings, and place the door or window in the current story walls using the hotspots below as guides.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
option/alt click to pick up door or window settings, and place the door or window in the current story walls using the hotspots below as guides.
Thank you for the tip, but what I am really trying to do is to have a tall door to go across the story by coping the wall (and the door) to 2nd story, explode the door to have the 2d representation on 2d floor plan, also now I can see the door cut through the 2nd floor wall in 3d. The problem is that since I can not locate the door below the bottom of the wall at second floor, the hole ends up too tall. I hope I am clear. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Joseph
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can set the base of the door to a negative value or just reduce the height of the opening. You ca do this in 3D and snap to the top of the lower door.