Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Copying Window Parameters....except type and size?!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have set up a window with all of the right frame and sash dims, materials, pens, etc. I want to copy these atributes to another window but using the eyedropper and syringe changes the new window to an exact copy of the other window. Is there a way to copy all parameters except size and type?

Thanks, Matt
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
The size will be retained but if you want a different type with the same parameters use the syringe in the selection (left) side of the settings dialog.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been trying but can't seem to figure out how to excute this. Could you explain what you mean in a bit more detail. Thank you, Matt
Anonymous
Not applicable
M wrote:
I have been trying but can't seem to figure out how to excute this. Could you explain what you mean in a bit more detail. Thank you, Matt
I was looking for the exact same option. Is there a way to invoke a dialog box that lets one choose and filter exactly which parameters to pick up/put down? a la VectorWorks

T
Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe that if you select a window with the correct parameters that you want to duplicate on a different type of window (maybe make a copy first) you can Ctl + Alt on the ICON PREVIEW in the left pane for the desired new type and it will change the selected window.
Djordje
Ace
Pick up the window parameters with ALT click

Open the windows dialog box

Browse to the desired window folder

CTRL ALT click on the window preview (lower left corner) of the different window

The mutual parameters will be transferred.

Check the tips section - there is a VERY detailed description of this process by Karl Ottenstein.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for all the info everyone, much appreciated. Matt
Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay, and is it possble to copy parameters of Window to Corner-Window or vice versa, does anybody know?
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Not AFAIK - they are two completely different tools, and ArchiCAD doesn't allow parameter transfer between different tools.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I know... but I though there might be a trick to do this since they use same window files with same parameters.