Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Copying multiple stories

If  need to copy one floor to another level it is simple. In the 2D screen select all the parts on the level, copy, go to the desired floor/level in the 2D window and then paste, easy. Doing it in 3D can be done if the floor does not have a lot of elements but as the number of elements go up it becomes very difficult to discern which black dot to use for the copy point and then the paste point.

New Building.jpg

In my case I want to select all of the elements in one pod (6 floors of elements) and copy them atop the selected elements so that it looks like one stacked on top of the other. I would like to know if there is a simpler way than just copying each floor separately and pasting them one the desired level. I do realize that it is possible to select elements in 2D and have the selection transferred to the 3D view but can that be done for multiple floors?

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
DGSketcher
Legend

Have a look at Edit Elements by Stories it may help.

would Hotlink Modules not be a better option? I might have considered using the "Iceberg" method  if there is enough repetition in the project. You can find out more about HLM over at the Learn portal.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Hello DGSketcher. I tried the method suggested but unfortunately it only works one floor at a time. I guess I will have to put in a request in the wish section.

Regards