BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Correct display of roofs

Anonymous
Not applicable
See attached. I have two roofs, a main and a side roof. The side roof is overframed onto the main roof, but a piece of it goes under the main roof. I want this to show correctly in plan. If I adjust the display order, it either shows the entire side roof above the main, or it hides it below.

I posted this a while ago, but I can't seem to make the old method work. http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=38191&highlight=
13 REPLIES 13
jclewis
Booster
Split the 'lower' roof into two pieces, set one above the main roof and one below it.
James C Lewis
AC 24 (Full)
Mac Pro (Late 2013) OS 10.13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to cut the upper roof like I did in my picture. You can see where I crudely line hashed the lower roofs where they are under the upper roof. And the upper roof is first in the display order. That way it allows the display of the roof lower in the display order.
roof.jpg
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Steven wrote:
David,
Thanks for the reply. I tried it but it's still not working. I understand how to trim the roof, but my problem is I want it to look correct in 2D view on floor plans. This is what it still looks like after trying your method.
I don't think the roofs are Connected, because the Display Order does not change the display of the the two roofs relative to each other. Make sure the two roofs use the same Floor Plan display (your main roof looks like Projected with Overhead). It works here, see attached screen shot. In the 3D view the pink tones are the Trimming Bodies.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Barry Kelly
Check the 'Legacy' setting you have for the roof display - OPTIONS menu > Project Preferences > Legacy.

You may have the "Symbolic Display' for 14 and before turned on.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!