BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Cotation not displaying correctly height of door with lower oversized opening

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I stumbled on a possible bug that I'd like to share with you :

When modeling a door, we always struggle to display it's different sizes correctly in plan.
We need 2 different informations destined to 2 different workers :
1) The raw opening size for the company building the wall (height measured from the concrete slab, not the flooring)
2) The door opening size for the company making the doors (dimension of the opening once the flooring is complete)

To do this we tried several times to use the oversized opening option with no success. If our flooring is 13cm for example, we'd put a 13cm bottom oversize to the opening and let the 3 other directions to 0. This displays correctly in 3D but dimensions do not show the correct opening height (see attached image "Door_2").
Today, while testing new ways of doing this efficiently, I played a bit and tried to put a left or right oversize and to my surprise, the dimension was now showing the correct opening height

This makes absolutely no sense to me. Dimensions do have an option specifically proposing to follow oversized opening. It should work no matter if you have an horizontal oversize or not.

It looks like a bug to me. But is it?
Does someone have any idea about this?

Does someone have another way of doing this efficiently without playing with 2 or 3 properties?

Best regards

Johan
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a screenshot of the dimension option to show height with oversize.
(Using Archicad 22 build 6021 FRA on MacOS 10.13.6)
(Same problem in Archicad 23 build 3003 FRA)

Learn and get certified!